- hventryAsked on April 17, 2012 at 09:36 PM
Tuition=100 Book=25 Discount=10 AmtDue=(100+25-10)=115
- jeanettebmzAnswered on April 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM
- hventryAnswered on April 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM
What I am looking to do is a simple calculation stored in a field based on the entered values in 3 other fields. I also want the values to be displayed as money. When I enter 79 I want it to be redisplayed as $79.00. I'm using the form for registration in a computer class and that happens in the classroom. Any money that changes hands is done in person.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM
I'll keep you posted.
- hventryAnswered on April 18, 2012 at 09:18 AMHi Wayne,
That is much too complicated. I was hoping the JotForm had a "calculate" function that would be a feature of the system. It should also have a "format" function for the entries.
My application is a very simple one that happens in a computer classroom. Here is a link to my form . Fill it in and see what I'm talking about. the Amount Paid should be calculated automatically as the Tuition + Book Fee - Discount
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 18, 2012 at 09:57 AM
No problem, Hank. I'm aware that tickets have been submitted to our Tier 2 team requesting that more robust calculation features be available in our Payment Tools. However, I don't think any tickets have been submitted regarding automatic reformatting (validation) of user entries in those fields and as such, I will submit that request later.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Incidentally, since you stated that "Any money that changes hands is done in person", the appropriate payment tool (field) would be Purchase Order.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Actually, now that I've re-read your reply to Jeanette, I realize that the calculation is to be performed on entries made in separate fields, as opposed to separate entries in a single (purchase order) field. I'm not a web developer but I feel that that could be a pretty tall order. Anyway, later I'll submit tickets for both this and the validation.