- shetaniAsked on September 13, 2016 at 02:27 PM
There seems to be a bug with the Drag & Drop Upload widget.
When the widget is marked as Required, if I try to go to next page without uploading an image, I get an error - which is OK. But then the error persists even after uploading an image and I can't submit the form.
I tried cloning a form (linked here), and re-adding the widget, but it didn't fix the issue.
Actually sorry, I just now noticed that the same issue happens with all widgets I have on the form. Please see the live form here: https://form.jotformeu.com/61256542390353
The same issue (error not clearing up) happens for all widgets: E-mail validator, ddSlick Dropdown and Drag and Drop Upload.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 04:20 PM
I checked your form and indeed, the required field errors were not clearing from widgets:
The error seems to be caused by the ddslick drop down widget. I was able to reproduce the issue in a small test form. When progressing to the next page without the ddslick field filled, the required field error becomes permanent.
I will forward this to our developers to have a look. We will let you know as soon as this is fixed.
- shetaniAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 04:34 PM
Thank you for checking. The issue is actually with all widgets, because I tried on a cloned version with just the Drag & Drop Upload widget on it. See screenshots please.
E-mail Validator widget:
Drag & Drop Upload widget:
Same steps to reproduce - leave fields empty, click on Next to trigger the error and then fill out the fields. Error persists.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 06:07 PM
Thanks for the additional info. This has now been reported to our back-end team. Meanwhile, could you please try updating the widgets?
1) Select your widget, and click on the wand icon.
2) Click on the "Update widget" button:
Let us know if that helps. If not, we will need to wait until our developers fix this issue. You will be updated via this thread.
- shetaniAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 06:29 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried updating all of them but it didn't fix the problem.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 09:34 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted, Ines. As I also can't find any workaround, we'll let the developer assigned on this matter address this issue. Once we have updates, we'll inform you right away.
Thanks for your patience and we apologize for this inconvenience.
- JotForm SupportTitusNdokaAnswered on September 20, 2016 at 02:41 AM
we've fixed the bug - You should be able to clear the triggered validation when a value is selected.
Please check and let us know.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 20, 2016 at 12:46 PM
You are correct, I validated the email, but the required error warning did not go away:
I cloned your form, and updated the widget, but it did not work. I am updating our widgets team about it. You will be notified via this thread when it gets fixed.
- shetaniAnswered on September 20, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Thank you David.
Also the Drag & Drop Upload widget on page 4, same issue.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 20, 2016 at 01:17 PM
I have moved the issue that still persist, in this two widgets, to a separate thread. You will be updated by our widgets team there: https://www.jotform.com/answers/937175