- SusanCantorAsked on September 17, 2016 at 08:07 PM
I didn't see a price when I added it to my form but when I went to their website, they only offered a "free trial". Thanks for investigating this.
I also want to comment on how wonderful jotforms is in general. Especially the form editor, the conditional feature, the autorespond and its easy editor, and all the widgets. Really an outstanding product.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 17, 2016 at 11:08 PM
The docusign widget is free to use with JotForm. So what you just need to do is to have an account with them, and use that account to run an integration with JotForm.
Thanks also for your comment. Some of the features we provide came from users like you as we hear and understand your needs. So if you have some ideas or concerns that you would like to raise, feel free to let us know of them and we'll be more than happy to listen.
Should you have more questions regarding docusign or if you need clarification on the matter, please let us know.
- SusanCantorAnswered on September 17, 2016 at 11:46 PMThanks for the info regarding docusign.hopefully i can figure it out from
My only concern about jotform is the tech support. I really prefer talking
to a real person when I get stuck. Luckily the program is so user friendly
that it is not needed too often.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 18, 2016 at 12:09 AM
If you have already created an account with docusign, you can add the widget in your form. Once added you can login through the widget in order to integrate your account here in JotForm and your account in Docusign
On the regard to hoping to get to talk to someone, unfortunately we do not have a voice contact center for such request. So the only way to ask for assistance is here in the forum or through email. There is likewise need not to worry over it since we are online 24/7 and we try our best to answer to inquiries as soon as possible.
- SusanCantorAnswered on September 18, 2016 at 05:46 PMI tried to set up a docusign account but wasn't able to complete the sign
up process. I entered my name and email address, then the program never
exited the "processing" stage. Any ideas? Thanks.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 18, 2016 at 06:41 PM
I'm assuming you have tried to create an account with them on free trial. You can check your email's inbox if their system was able to receive your signing-up submission. Normally it should send an email with further instructions on the signing up process. If there is no email sent, have you tried refreshing your browser and tried signing up again?
But further, for such matter about creating an account with them, I would recommend to contact their support via this link: https://support.docusign.com/
In any case, feel free to get back to us for further questions.
- SusanCantorAnswered on September 18, 2016 at 09:46 PMI just signed up for the free docusign account - and it works with my form
- but it only allows 3 sends. So that won't be very useful to me. Am I
missing something? Thanks for checking this out.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 18, 2016 at 11:15 PM
I am not sure if I have understood your issue correctly. Do you mean to say that your form with docusign widget only allows three submissions?
I did check your form #62208487863162 (CDMA Senior Membership Form) and it does not have any docusign widget added. With which form you are having this issue with?
We will wait for your response.
- SusanCantorAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 11:46 AMYes, the docusign "free" account would only allow 3 submissions (and I used
- SusanCantorAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 12:46 PMJust got off the phone with Docusign - they don't know of any free accounts
that allow unlimited "sends". Is it possible that Jotforms is mistaken
about the availability of the "free" account? I would be interested in
using docusign as a free widget if it is in fact available.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 02:00 PM
Please note that DocuSign widget is free to use but you need to have active DocuSign account.
I would suggest you to please go ahead and add the docusign widget back to you form and we will take a look at the issue.
- SusanCantorAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 03:46 PMThanks - I made a copy of the form with the docusign widget - here's the
link: https://form.jotform.com/62625697609166 I appreciate your checking
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 06:21 PM
To clarify this, we do not have any special agreement with DocuSign. To be able to use the DocuSign widget you will need a DocuSign account/plan with API access.
The widget seems to be working properly on your form.
- SusanCantorAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 08:46 PMOk. The information about this jotforms widget is misleading, you might
want to replace it and let your support staff know. Thanks anyway!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 10:24 PM
Thanks for raising the concern. It should be noted that Docusign is a different organization and what JotForm provides only is a tool to use Docusign with JotForm-based forms, in which we do not charge fees for it. We unfortunately do not provide a backdoor access for users to use Docusign as a free service. So I believe this is the misconception on the matter.
But with quite a similar tool, we have on our own other signature widgets such as e-signature and smooth signature. Here is a list of all signature widgets available with JotForm: https://widgets.jotform.com/search/signature
Feel free to get back to us if you have questions.