- BruceDavisAsked on September 22, 2016 at 02:31 AM
And can calculate total weight and cubic meters
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on September 22, 2016 at 03:59 AM
Thank you for contacting us.
You can use matrix field to collect inputs from your user and form calculation to calculate wanted result for items.
This is a sample form for your evaluation. Feel free to clone it.
Following guidance can help you to clone above form.
I'm going to also show you what I did step by step here below.
1. Go to "Survey Field" on Builder, "Drag & Drop" Matrix
2. Configure it according to how you would like to see it. To do that; Click the Matrix field on the form>> preferences>>Fields. You can see my configuration here below.
3. Now, the time is to add & configure form calculation. You need to drop 2 form calculation for each item. One is to calculate total weight and the other one is to calculate cubic meter. To add form calculation; Click "More Fields", Search "Form Calculation" and Drag&Drop to the form.
4. This guidances can assist you about how to set up your calculation. However, If you are stuck somewhere, do not hesitate to contact us.
This is also the screen shot of how you will see the result after above configuration.
Hope, these would help you about your concern but please let us know if you need further assistance by our side. We would be pleased to help you.
- BruceDavisAnswered on September 22, 2016 at 06:36 PM
Many thanks for the explanation and the clone. Where I am getting into trouble is with the calculation. For example, what I'm trying to do is have a total weight for all items ? and a total cubic meterage for all items ?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 22, 2016 at 07:45 PM
You need to include all of the items in the formula, just click on the wand icon and the calculation wizard will popup, example:
Same goes for the other calculation field. Here is my cloned version: https://form.jotform.com/62657826624970
Let us know if you need more help.
- BruceDavisAnswered on September 24, 2016 at 06:31 AM
Hi Thanks for your help
The weight calculation is all good. However the cubic meterage is not calculating when there is more than one item. i.e when there is 2 items it is only calculating as 1
Also as I have already built a form. Is it possible to include the clone onto this form or do I need to start a new form from scratch and build around the clone ?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 24, 2016 at 12:10 PM
I believe you are the same user asking the same question on this thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/940891. I have already responded to it, kindly check.