- OLAMAINNOCENTAsked on September 28, 2016 at 05:14 AM
'' the form has exceeded its quota"
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 08:15 AM
Can you provide the form link? Here's an example:
If the form you're viewing reached the monthly limit, you'll get this error message. To check it further, we need the form link.
We'll wait for your response.
- OLAMAINNOCENTAnswered on September 30, 2016 at 09:46 AMhalo... the link is here
- CharlieAnswered on September 30, 2016 at 12:37 PM
The form is actually in the account username africayou.
That account has already reached its monthly quota. That account is in "Free" plan, it is only allowed to have 1,000 form views per month. In this case, it has already exceeded it. Please the pricing page for the details of the limits of each plan: https://www.jotform.com/help/355-Form-View-Limits-What-is-it-all-about
To learn more about the form view limits, please check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/355-Form-View-Limits-What-is-it-all-about
Please note that monthly limits reset every 1st day of the month (EST). The form view count should reset this October 1, I believe. Once the limits resets, the form will be accessible again.
It is best to contact the owner of the form and tell him/her the problem.
I hope that helps.
- OLAMAINNOCENTAnswered on October 03, 2016 at 05:45 AMSomething funny, happened with the link I was given to fill a registration
after some days of showing form over quota, I waited after the 1st of this
month and at last.. things were ok because the form over disappeared and I
filled the form and paid the commitment fee of 68,000 Ugandan shillings but
pressing the submit like this everything went back to "FORM NOT FOUND- This
form is disabled!!!!
I NEED SOME HELP HERE!!!!
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on October 03, 2016 at 07:37 AM
Someone reported the form is being used for scamming people and being a fraud. This is the reason why the form is disabled. The form owner is currently suspended.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- OLAMAINNOCENTAnswered on October 04, 2016 at 03:45 AMyes, i am a victim too, i sent my confirmation fee of Ugandan shillings
68,000 yesterday and got that message form disabled and i dont know what i
can do now to recover my hard earned money i sent in their line yesterday
- BorisAnswered on October 04, 2016 at 06:16 AM
I don't see your email address in the submissions of that suspended user. It looks like the suspension happened before you could make a payment on their form.
In case that despite of this a transaction occurred from your end and the amount has been deducted from your account, please contact your bank and alert them that it is a fraudulent transaction so they can initiate a chargeback / refund.
I hope this helps.