- susaneAsked on September 28, 2016 at 11:39 AM
can you have credit card tips onto a jot form with square integration?
This is a re-post of a comment on Process Square Payments Online with JotForm
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 02:20 PM
Any credit card payments that can be processed through Square can be processed through forms. You would simply need an extra field to add in the amount of the tip.
- susaneAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 03:46 PMyes the problem that tip record would be identitified in square becaude the payment and tip are lumped together
Thank you ,Susan Ventura
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 05:25 PM
You can have separate fields for both the total and the tip. Total the two up in the a calculation field:
Then, pass that total to your payment field:
That would allow you to separate out the two different values.
- susaneAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 05:39 PM
Yes in jot form but those 2 separate figures don't carry into square. Square just states grand total
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 07:27 PM
Unfortunately, you are correct, it would not be possible to have two custom values show separately in the payment field. Square will indeed only be able to see the one total value.
- susaneAnswered on April 22, 2017 at 03:15 PM
hello support can you work with square for the fix for this issue, is there one in the works at all?
Need to know either way so i can either not take payments and just use your form to get totals but no payments or get square on board fully functioning. This would save alot of programming time for me.My square rep told me to tell their techs to start a fix .Thank you
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 22, 2017 at 05:39 PM
Since I'm not sure if such option is possible to be implemented in our Square integration I will forward this thread to our backend team for a possible implementation.
This kind of requests usually depends on how many of them we actually have. But we will inform you if the feature is implemented.