- LostdogsmnAsked on April 25, 2012 at 06:29 PM
Hi, I added a custom thank you to be sent after each form submission, I am getting some kicked back stating un deliverable, any idea why that would happen??
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
To: email@example.comDelivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (state 14).
----- Original message -----
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 25, 2012 at 07:03 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
I have not found any Autoresponders on your forms. However, mentioned bounce back message means that some email message was not delivered. It is possible that JanelleSolmon-Bey@hotmail.com mailbox is full, no longer in service or someone typed wrong address.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.
- LostdogsmnAnswered on April 25, 2012 at 07:07 PMI have a custom thank you.. that I filled in with some info. So I use that
as sort of an auto response.. And since I've started using that, I've
gotten like 4 or 5 kicked back..
Should I be doing that differently?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 25, 2012 at 07:09 PM
Can you please provide us with the form ID/name in question?
- LostdogsmnAnswered on April 25, 2012 at 07:33 PMYou mean which form do I use the custom thank you on?
I have 2 forms, I use it on both of them. They are Found dog report, and
lost dogs MN form.
I added the info, in the Thank you section..
Is that what you mean?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 25, 2012 at 07:52 PM
Thank you for provided information. Yes, I wanted to check affected form.
As far as I know, custom Thank You page is not connected with emails in any way.
Do you have something like Autoresponder filter or Automatic Vacation Response configured in your Gmail account?
- LostdogsmnAnswered on April 25, 2012 at 07:53 PMI do!!! Do you think that's it?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 25, 2012 at 08:10 PM
Yes, I think that you are receiving these bounces due to Autoresponder.
When someone complete the form, you are receiving email notification from their email address to your gmail account, then gmail is trying to send autoreply to them. For some reason this autoreply is not going through, this may be related to not valid email address, some misconfiguration in gmail or the fact that original email notification was sent to you from us jotform.com, and users sender address was just added by us.
You can try either to change Sender E-mail for your JotForm Notification to firstname.lastname@example.org or disable Autoreply in your Gmail account.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- LostdogsmnAnswered on April 25, 2012 at 08:12 PMI am disabling gmail cause its crap, and the auto reply was telling folks
the new e-mail address. I just took off the gmail address from the jotform,
that should take care of it.
Thank so much, I would never have thought that was the problem!!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 25, 2012 at 08:13 PM
You are quite welcome :)