- abadsvtAsked on April 26, 2012 at 04:46 PM
I just setup a form and i selected to have a file upload button. Well right after you select the file it says failed on the right side. I have a free account that i will probably upgrade to pro once i get everything working right. Any ideas?
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 04:49 PM
I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Can you try to remove the field and re-add the File Upload button please?
If you can provide us a screenshot of what it looks like your end, would be of great help.
- abadsvtAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 05:31 PM
I am not sure how to provide a screen shop but i have been trying it with google chrome and it didn't work. Where the image gets listed below the button turned red and said failed on the right but when i tried it in IE it worked? That make any sence? I will see if i can get a screen shot.
ps. i removed the field and reinstalled it. FYI
- AtacanCAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 05:55 PM
I've just cloned your form and made a test submission using Google Chrome. I was able to upload a jpeg file and hit the submit button. Which version of Chrome are you using? Did you try to delete your browser's cache? You may want to check out this thread to learn more about inserting a screenshot into a post.
Looking forward to hear from you.
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 06:00 PM
Please try increasing the Max File Size of the upload button. Issue may only occur when you are uploading a large file greater than what is set on the upload limit.
Simply right click on the File Upload Button >and increase the Max File Size.
- abadsvtAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 06:02 PM
Here is a screen shot. I am only upload a small file. Its only 608kb. http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc83/abadsvt/screenshot.jpg
THanks for all your help.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 06:20 PM
Thank you for additional information.
Is this happening every time you upload something? I have just tried on Windows 7, Google Chrome 18.0.1025.162 m, and it is fine here.
- abadsvtAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 06:22 PM
yeah. well i will delete the form all together and start a new one. Maybe that will fix it. Thanks
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 06:22 PM
Please also try with direct form URL to see if that makes any difference.
- abadsvtAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 06:24 PM
That worked. Why is that?
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 06:27 PM
Try re-embedding the form using iFrame to your website. See if that works.
Please also let us know the website url to where the form is embedded for us to check.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 06:30 PM
I am sorry, but it seems that our Multiple Upload tool can not work on a local machine, when you publish your site it should be okay.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 06:35 PM
Goldo's solution with iFrame is also fine. By the way your web site is just beautiful :)
- abadsvtAnswered on April 26, 2012 at 06:42 PM
Thanks for all your help. I am really excited about this feature. Thanks mike for the compliment on my site. I have been working on it for the last 2 weeks trying to get it just right. Im hoping to have my new site live tomorrow evening. thanks for getting back to me quick also