- parfumdesoiAsked on October 12, 2016 at 03:17 PM
Is it possible to combine a coupon code together with an autoresponder?
Our idea is to assign coupon codes to our sales representatives and let them be notified each time a purchase is made with their coupon code.
Thanks for your help and regards,
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 09:16 PM
Hello Gauthier, this may be possible by using Conditions to send email notifications based on user input, but ONLY IF your coupon codes will solely be used for sales tracking purposes.
If your coupon codes will offer actual discounts though (meaning, when a user adds a coupon code to your Payment Processor, then he/she will get a discount), then sadly, there's no way to get the value of the coupon code entered by your users/respondents. The only output that you can fetch from a payment processor is the total. With that in mind, you won't be able to use it for tracking sales.
So, going back, if you would only use the coupons for tracking, then your general workflow would be as follows:
1. Create your coupons, you can do this manually yourself by randomly creating coupons upon your discretion (e.g. JIM123, JOE456, etc.)
2. Add a textbox to your form that will accept the Coupon Code
3. Create your Autoresponder as you desire
Related guide: Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder
4. Use Conditions to send an email based on the coupon code entered
IF the coupon code IS EQUAL TO JIM123 THEN send an email to Jim (Jim being one of your sales agents in this scenario)
Related guide: How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-User-s-Answer
(NOTE: The related guide links I'm including shows complete step by step guides on how to achieve these)
If what I mentioned on the steps above is something that will fit your requirement, let us know and we can create a short demo form so you can see how that will work.
On the other hand, if what you aim is to use a Coupon Code that offers actual discounts, then I'm afraid there's no way to fetch the coupon entered to be used for your Conditions.