- JenniferTierneyAsked on October 14, 2016 at 01:20 PM
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on October 14, 2016 at 04:14 PM
You can use the Show/Hide Field condition so that the other check box will appear based on the selected option from the first check box field.
1. I created 3 check box fields.
2. Click the "Conditions" button in the toolbar.
3. Select the "Show/Hide Field" condition.
4. Create a condition wherein if the "Option 1" is selected in the "Check box 1" field, the "Check box 2" field will appear.
5. Now you can add multiple conditions depending on your preference.
Here's the result:
Related user guide: How-to-Show-or-Hide-Fields-Base-on-User-s-Answer
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- JenniferTierneyAnswered on October 14, 2016 at 06:44 PMThanks. Is it possible to appear directly under the checked box instead of under all of the boxes?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on October 15, 2016 at 12:15 AM
If my understanding is correct, you want the added checkbox to be appended in between the Checkboxes group dynamically.
when I select a checkbox on Checkbox 1 group, the new checkbox will be inserted in between those existing checkboxes.
Unfortunately that is not how the workaround condition logic work. The condition will only add the new checkbox field separately. Actually it was not adding the checkbox field.. it was just making it visible from the original hidden state. So it gives the illusion of it being added...
Perhaps an alternative widget you may want to check is the dynamic User contributed Checkbox widget.
It work differently as it requires input from user instead for the Checkbox option to appear. But you can see how it dynamically add the option on the Checkboxes.
You can test the demo form here https://form.jotformpro.com/form/43441792653964
Hope this help. Let us know if you need further assistance.