- jtjohnsonAsked on October 14, 2016 at 06:20 PM
This form is a request for public records. The law stipulates that the public records custodian has to initially reply to the request in no more than three days from the day of submission. But these are BUSINESS DAYS, that is, the weekend does not count.
Any suggestions as to how I can generate a calculated field for the clerks, one that will automatically tell them the deadline date by which they have to respond to the requester?
Tom JohnsonPage URL:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on October 14, 2016 at 11:39 PM
Please review the solution provided by Abajan on this thread
For a quick test try his demo form https://form.jotformpro.com/52807289886979
In the demo form you can see the Due date, but the date counted excluded weekend days (Sat, Sun)
Let us know if you need further assistance accomplishing the same result using the solution form that thread
- jtjohnsonAnswered on October 15, 2016 at 05:44 PMThanks, but the example form you suggest doesn't work. For example, today
is SATURDAY, Oct. 15. If I ask for the date three days in advance, it
returns Oct. 18, which is, yes, three days ahead but includes Sunday, Oct.
16 in the count. Again, I need a calculation that excludes the dates
falling on Saturday and Sunday.
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
Society of Professional Journalists
*Check out It's The People's Data
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on October 15, 2016 at 09:50 PM
I got your latest response. Allow me more time to come up with a solution.
I'll get back to you within today.
- jtjohnsonAnswered on October 16, 2016 at 12:44 AMThank you. I would think many users would appreciate -- and use -- a
calendar tool that would let us select specific days of the week or just
exclude weekend days.
Cheers, Tom Johnson
Tom Johnson - Inst. for Analytic Journalism
Santa Fe, NM