- VpullumAsked on October 17, 2016 at 06:35 PM
I created a form that will allow a parent to register their children for an annual membership. I have successfully created conditions for everything on my form except the payment section. It asks me if I want to do so in the "Get Price From" section of the payment settings, but when I try and choose an option it just says "None (Manual)." What I am trying to do is if the parent selects 7 children to register then the amount for that same number of children will prepopulate in the payment area. Right now all it's doing is given me and option to let them input the amount or preset amounts for them and HOPE they are honest in paying for the same amount of children they are registering. I have tried each different payment option type, but none will do what I need it to. I hope that makes sense.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on October 17, 2016 at 10:48 PM
You need to use a Form Calculation widget to pass the calculated result into the payment field. To do so, please follow the steps below:
1. Add the form calculation widget.
2. Add the formula in the calculation. Here's a guide on How to Perform Calculation in the Form. In the example below I used the formula (number of children * 100)
3. Now pass the result to the payment field. Here's our guide on How to Pass a Calculation to a Payment Field
The result should look like the one below:
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- VpullumAnswered on October 17, 2016 at 11:44 PMThank you so much!! It worked like a charm.
- VpullumAnswered on October 17, 2016 at 11:44 PMSorry. Have one more question. Is there a widget that will not only allow my client to view all of her submissions in one place, but also view it by category? This widget will be used on another form that will allow the parents who have registered their children for an annual membership to enroll them in classes. It’d be great if she wouldn’t have to search through her email to see who paid for and enrolled in what.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on October 18, 2016 at 01:22 AM
Hi Victoria. Since your latest concern is about a different feature, I have moved your question about the widget into a new thread. Please follow this link to view that thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/963670. Thank you.