- BorisAnswered on October 24, 2016 at 11:46 AM
Yes, you can change the color scheme of your form by opening it up in the Designer:
Once the Designer loads, simply choose your colors under the Color Scheme section:
Please try it out and let us know how it goes.
- HriccioAnswered on October 27, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Thanks for that but I'm looking now at trying to change the image that is in the template to one from my google drive.
- BorisAnswered on October 27, 2016 at 11:29 AM
Do you mean to change the image of the books at the top of each page?
If so, we can do this by simply editing each Text field that contains the image.
Step 1. Click on the text field, and then on its Edit HTML button:
Step 2. Click on the image inside the editor, and then on its Insert/edit image button:
Step 3. Provide your own URL of the image you want to use, and click OK. Then, click on the Complete button of the Text field in order to apply the changes to it:
Simply repeat those steps to change the image inside any of your Text fields. Please try it out, and let us know if you need further assistance. Cheers
- HriccioAnswered on October 27, 2016 at 11:52 AM
Can I do this if the image is only on my Google Drive?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on October 27, 2016 at 01:27 PM
Please take note that Google Drive doesn't allow you to use the uploaded files for hot linking. However, you can try this workaround I found on this forum. You'll be required to get the file ID and use a different URL.
You can find the FILE-ID in the Share Link of the file. Here's an example of the Share Link:
Now, in order to get the direct link of the file, you need to use this URL:
You can also upload your image here in http://imgur.com/ and get the image URL.
Hope that helps. Let us know if you need further help.
- HriccioAnswered on October 31, 2016 at 08:45 AM
In attempting to click on the first link, I receive an error message. The image is a pdf file of something created in our graphic design program, not an image from the web.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on October 31, 2016 at 11:20 AM
Can we see the image? Here's a guide how to add screenshots to the support forum: https://www.jotform.com/answers/277033-How-to-add-screenshots-images-to-questions-to-the-support-forum
Also, please try this another workaround:
1. Insert an Image tool in your form.
2. The Add Image wizard will appear, please click the Upload File button under the Upload tab.
3. After uploading an image, select the Image field in the form and then click the Image Source button at the top toolbar. Please copy the source URL.
4. You can now use that URL and paste it Text field.
5. You can now delete the Image field that you inserted.
Hope that helps. Thank you.