- ProductivityMediaAsked on October 27, 2016 at 06:50 PM
I need to separate each of day, month and year into 3 fields from a JotForm date field.
I need to utilize each field in different parts of my JotForm.
Additionally, would like to be able to bring the 3 values back together to be used in a report
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on October 27, 2016 at 11:59 PM
You can achieve this by transferring first the Date field value to a Textbox field. And then use the Substring widget split or concatenate the values.
I'll create a demo form with this in action. I'll be back shortly
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on October 28, 2016 at 12:11 AM
Please try me demo form https://form.jotform.com/63009428251956
Let us know if you need further help.
- ProductivityMediaAnswered on October 28, 2016 at 03:25 PM
Can I bother you for the coding that you used to perform the split.
I have used current date as the Date field, i have used Text Date as the equivalent for Calculation but for what ever reason I am not getting values for the month, day and year fields. I am getting the fields but they are blank.
- ProductivityMediaAnswered on October 28, 2016 at 03:30 PM
One further question - how to I hide these fields so that they do not appear on the form when in a web page?
- ProductivityMediaAnswered on October 28, 2016 at 04:43 PM
Never mind - solved it on my own!
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on October 29, 2016 at 06:07 AM
Thank you for the update and we are glad to know that you were able to find a solution for your concern. Please feel free to contact us anytime if you have any other questions or concerns.