- NWAMomentumAsked on November 20, 2016 at 07:13 PM
I have a variable # of participants (2-6) with a known $ per participant ($92.25). Need to calculate total for charge for event + (participant charge * # of participants) + optional donations.
I can currently do this, by asking # of participants within the payment section. I need to pull the # of participants from a field already completed by the user in the same form. This way they can't register a different number than they pay.
What I currently have:
I need to use a field previously filled in the same form. The field is a dropdown field with a 2 thru 6 value option.
This value would used instead of asking the "Please enter the number of participants" (above) again to ensure the user is paying for the right number of participants.
When i try to use a conditional entry, I don't see an option within the dropdown for the "Participant" field.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 20, 2016 at 11:22 PM
You will need to use the User Defined Amount as the payment type of your form to achieve your requirement. This will require us to setup the payment options using the regular fields instead of using the payment field. We will simply pass the total amount calculated from the regular fields into the Payment Field. Please follow the steps below:
1. Add a donation field using textbox
2. Add a Form Calculation widget on your form.
3. Now setup the formula on the calculation field. You can follow this guide on How to Perform Calculation in the Form?
I set the formula below as 107 + (92.25 * how many girls will be in the room) + Donation
4. Now all we need to do is to pass the Total Amount calculated into the Paypal Payment field. Please follow this guide on How to Pass a Calculation to a Payment Field
If you need further assistance, please do let us know.
- NWAMomentumAnswered on November 27, 2016 at 09:03 PM
thank you so much for the help. you answered my question. the screenshots and demo were really useful. my criteria changed a little and was able to leverage what you provided with a calculate condition option to resolve my issue. thank you again!
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 27, 2016 at 10:25 PM
You are most welcome. :) I am glad I was able to help you with your concern. If you encounter any further issues, feel free to contact us again. Cheers.