- ewsnetAsked on November 22, 2016 at 08:38 AM
Is there any option, where we can sort and check, which form is getting max. view
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on November 22, 2016 at 08:44 AM
It is actually not possible to line your forms up in a decreasing order with regards to their view counts. However, you can see their statistics one by one to find out which one has gotten the most views.
Please see how you can do it:
1. Go to your forms here: https://www.jotform.com/myforms/
2. Select one of your forms and click "Form Analytics":
3. You can reach the total number of views of your form by clicking "All Time":
I know it may be an exhausting process to do this one by one when you have too many forms but for now this is the only way.
Feel free to contact us again if you need any further assistance.
- ewsnetAnswered on November 22, 2016 at 08:54 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, but I think jotform should have this option to see the max. view by clicking on any link, that would help us to see the max. view used by the form.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 22, 2016 at 09:09 AM
In the My Forms page, you can see the number of submissions per form and you can sort your form based on the submission count as well.
Perhaps you want a similar thing that counts the number of views and sorts your forms based on views count in the My Forms page.
Will that do for your requirement? Please confirm.
- ewsnetAnswered on November 22, 2016 at 09:21 AM
Yes, we think, If we would have option to sort ascending and descending wise, that would help us a lot. We will be able to see, which enquiry form is consuming max. no. of view/impression and accordingly we can alert to our client.
I hope, you people can do this for us and for all :)
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 22, 2016 at 09:30 AM
Thanks for confirming. I have escalated this to our developers as a feature request. You will be informed in this thread once this is implemented.
Thank you for your support.
- ewsnetAnswered on November 22, 2016 at 09:40 AM
Great dear, wonderful and good support I must say
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 22, 2016 at 09:48 AM
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to be of help. Please feel free to inform us if you need further assistance.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 22, 2016 at 10:38 AM
I have opened another thread regarding your request so we can also escalate a feature request ticket to our development team for you. You can check the thread here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/995575.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.