- PirielesAsked on November 24, 2016 at 02:36 PM
Hello, sorry to ask yet again but, I have just created a new form and entered one test submission myself. As before on previous support requests I can'y see submission info. If I change the https://www to eu, I can see info. I have had to do this before and then ended up with neither option working. Can you advise asap as I need to send the submission out to all our club members.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 24, 2016 at 03:02 PM
I tried to access your submission and it worked fine for me:
Could you please try using this link: https://eu.jotform.com/submissions/63285483762970
And please let us know if it worked for you.
- PirielesAnswered on November 24, 2016 at 03:44 PMThank you, that is what I said though. Using the 'www' link does not work but 'eu' does. Why do I need to do this as when I create everything it is all 'www'? Also a submission a couple of weeks ago stopped working for either 'www' or 'eu'. I need to know what will work consistently.
Team East Lothian AC
Registered Charity No - SC045501
T: 01620 820258
M: 07794 837704
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 24, 2016 at 04:04 PM
That is because your account's data is stored in European servers, so you have to use EU domain in order to access information properly.
You shouldn't have any problems from now one if you're using eu domain. Other way would be to change your data storage to USA, but since you're a sub-user that will depend on a main user's data storage.
If you have further questions please let us know.
- PirielesAnswered on November 24, 2016 at 04:44 PMThanks again. I am a bit confused. It's only in the last while we have had to start doing this (changing from www to eu to see submissions). Should we be using a different link when we go to jotform? In other words we go to www.jotform, should we be using eu.jotform? The account holder is finding this annoying too so whatever the correct solution is we will do it.
Sent from my iPad
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on November 24, 2016 at 05:13 PM
There should not be issues if you access through www.jotform.com, the re-direction to eu domains should be done automatically as far as I know. I have forwarded this to our back-end team to confirm if you should be using eu.jotform only. You will be notified via this thread.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on November 25, 2016 at 09:54 AM
Please continue to use eu.jotform.com. Your main account is set as EU account and according to our policy, we're keeping your data in Frankfurt, Germany.
- PirielesAnswered on November 25, 2016 at 12:44 PMThank you
Sent from my iPad