- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 28, 2016 at 11:06 PM
There might be a conflict with the script on the form, which is causing the page to not display on IE. Can you please try embedding the form to your page using the iFrame embed again, but this time without the <script>...</script> part?
You can try the iFrame code below for the Sales Enquiry form where I have removed the script part.
<iframe id="JotFormIFrame-62711059987870" allowtransparency="true" src="https://form.jotform.co/62711059987870" frameborder="0" style="width: 100%; height: 1094px; border: none;" scrolling="no" onload="window.parent.scrollTo(0,0)"> </iframe>
If the issue persists, please let us know.
- smaiAnswered on November 28, 2016 at 11:44 PMI have done those instructions. Still seeing the same problem – The form does not appear on the page.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 29, 2016 at 12:25 AM
Is the form visible in the page when using script embed code? Perhaps a setting on the webpage is causing the issue. If possible, can you please modify the meta tag on your website from
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE11,chrome=1">
Please do let us know how it goes.
- smaiAnswered on November 29, 2016 at 12:44 AM
Hey there, You’ve me a bit confused now with the meta tag. Could you please explain further.
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on November 29, 2016 at 01:55 AM
My colleague wants to check whether adding the "EmulateE11" code is able to make your form compatible with Internet Explorer 11 or not. Please let us know if the issue still persists despite trying this.
We will be waiting for your feedback.