The Form element in Jotform Approvals allows you to add follow-up forms to your workflow. You can assign follow-up forms to your respondents or defined recipients and monitor their progress in Jotform Inbox or Tables. The invitation to the form is sent via email which you can customize to your liking.
To assign a follow-up form
- In Jotform Approvals, from the Approval Elements pane on the left, add a Form element to your workflow.
- Select Complete Settings in the Form element or the gear icon next to it to open settings.
- In the settings dialog, choose your follow-up form to send under Add a Form.
- Enter the recipient’s address for your follow-up form under Assignee Email Address.
To set your form fillers’ email address as the recipient, select Form Fields, then choose your form’s email field from the menu.
- Once you’re done, select Save in the lower-right corner.
You can pass your respondents’ answers from the main form to the follow-up form with Prefill. To set up Prefill
- In the Form element’s settings dialog, go to Prefill.
- Turn on Prefill From Fields, then choose your source form.
- Map the form fields under Match Fields.
- Select Save in the lower-right corner to apply the changes.
Customizing the Invitation Email
You can edit the email template, sender name and address, as well as add attachments and set up reminders under the Advanced tab.
To customize the invitation email
- In the Form element’s settings dialog, go to Advanced and select Edit.
Note: To enable reminders, turn on and set up Send Reminder Emails. This option has a separate email template and settings.
- Under the Email tab, customize your email’s subject and content to your liking.
Note: The View Form button in the email content holds a dynamic link to your form. Keeping it is highly recommended.
Here are more options available for your email:
- Sender Name — Found under the Sender tab, this is the “from” name that appears on the email.
- Reply-to Email — Also found under the Sender tab, this is the destination address when your recipients reply to your email.
- Attach File — Found under the Advanced tab, this allows you to add attachments to your email.
- Sender Email — Also under the Advanced tab, here you can change the email address to show as the sender.
Here’s an example of a workflow that sends a follow-up form to the user’s email based on their answer on the main form:
To learn more, see How to Set Up a Conditional Branch.