- TBSEAsked on January 25, 2017 at 02:17 PM
I cannot remember if this was asked before, but with any of my JotForms, can they be converted into a mobile app on a smartphone users homescreen, with a simple click, etc....?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on January 25, 2017 at 03:00 PM
If I understood you correctly, you would like to add an icon to your home screen and when you click it it will open the form in the Browser?
That is doable and it is a part of your phone's capabilities, on Android phone if you open a form in the browser and tap options button, a pop-up screen with options will open where you can select Add to Home screen
Similarly, you can add the bookmark to the home screen by using the share button.
If you had something else in mind please let us know.
- TBSEAnswered on January 27, 2017 at 03:41 PM
Hello, I tried it out on my website where I have a JotForm as a pop-out, and everything worked out fine, as the download as an app.
Two quick questions:
1. How can I control the logo of the app on the homescreen, or rather ad a designer logo, which will display at the app on the homescreen of the phone? WHere would I upload that and what size do I need to make the logo?
2. The JotForm on this section of my website - www.tbsportsentertainment.com/travel, located at the bottom and embedded, is the actual jotform I want users to have as an app. How would users get this JotForm to an app as it is currently embedded in the webpage?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 27, 2017 at 05:52 PM
There are some apps that help changing the icon, please check this guide: http://android.appstorm.net/how-to/customization/complete-guide-to-customizing-your-home-screen-icons/
They can add the URL of the page where it is embedded as their Home Screen, or you can share with them the form's direct link via email: https://www.jotform.com/help/303-How-to-send-a-form-via-email
In that way, they can add the direct link to their Home Screen. Let us know if you have more questions.