- KeithyAsked on March 14, 2017 at 05:56 PM
I am updating a form from 2016 to 2017. My form includes numerous inventory widgets which are summed using the calculation widget and are multiplied by the price. My prices increased for 2017 and I am trying to show this in the updated calculation.
For example, in the JDP section I am simply going into the calculation wizard and changing the dollar amount from $64 to $65 (First screen grab). However, when I do this simple change, the whole formula breaks and does not show any calculation in the live form (2nd image). Not sure what the issue is, would you be able to assist?
Thank youPage URL:
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 14, 2017 at 09:05 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Can you please try to update the widget with the items used for the calculation? Can you please also try to re-do the calculations on your form and see if this makes difference?
If the issue still persists, try also to clear your form's cache .
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- KeithyAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 09:58 AM
Thank you for your assistance, per your suggestion, I have cleared the cache and updated all widget levels just to be sure, however it is still not working. Would you be able to be more specific? My questions again below...
1) In the Future Stars section - there is no response in the live field. I assume there is something either wrong with the inventory fields or the way the calculation is set up. Can you review my calculation in the "Future Stars Subtotal" section and tell me what the issues is? I
2) I am having the same issue in the "JDP Subtotal" section - nothing is calculating. Please advise on how to fix this formula.
I should also say, that this same exact process worked for my 2016 form, so not sure why it's broken now :-/
Thank you again.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 12:40 PM
I have tested your form and I was able to replicate issue in the Future Stars section and in the JDP section.
I have inspected your calculation fields and I noticed that some dollar signs "$" are set as number.
Dollar signs should be set as strings. To set them as strings simply click on them. They should be gray.
Please correct this on calculation fields that are not working. After that test your form.
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- KeithyAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 03:16 PM
Yay - it works!! This was the key, thank you very much!!
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 04:37 PM
Feel free to contact us if you have any other issues or questions.