- menstromAsked on March 23, 2017 at 04:45 PM
I need to modify the CSS on a form, and I can't get the Design Tool to work in the old or new version. In the new 4.0 version, the application crashes as soon as I try to modify anything (I get error messages and everything freezes). If I try the old version, it doesn't matter what application I have open, it opens an old version of a different application in the Design tool. Here are screen shots:
I have my summer school application with formID 70815013607146 open. I click on Design and here's what I get:
Although the URL says it's formID 70815013607146, it's not. Here is the current version of the scholarship application it is opening in Design mode:
This one is identified as FormID 63056276521151; however, the design view brings up an old version of this one, so it's still wrong:
What is going on, and how do I fix it so that I can finish designing my application appropriately?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 23, 2017 at 07:27 PM
That is odd, can you please try clearing your forms cache to see if that helps? https://www.jotform.com/help/229-How-to-Clear-Your-Form-Cache
- menstromAnswered on March 24, 2017 at 09:05 AM
I cleared my cache. Unfortunately, it did not make a difference. The same thing is still happening. This is becoming critical, since I must get this application up and published by this weekend. Help!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 24, 2017 at 12:13 PM
Something like an old data being cache to your browser and being loaded in the designer. I would suggest doing the following:
1. Log out from the account.
2. Clear your browser cookies for Jotform (just for Jotform, not all sites).
3. Clear your browser cache.
4. Log in again and edit the form. It should work this time. If not, update us here. Also, try it with another browser (if you have one).
- menstromAnswered on March 27, 2017 at 09:48 AM
This did not solve the problem in Version 3, but it did appear to solve the crashing problem in Version 4, so I will use that version for my CSS updates.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 27, 2017 at 12:12 PM
That's great to know. Were you able to replicate the problem on version 3 using another browser? Would you mind trying? The version 3 should suppose to work as well.