- honestbeeAsked on April 03, 2017 at 09:44 PM
I'd like to create a form that can be populated by user data imported into a google sheet. Here is the general flow, would like to know if it's possible:
1. Receive order information from customers
2. Import order information into a Google Sheet
3. Auto-send the forms to the manufacturers
4. Manufacturers can edit the digital forms, which would update our google sheet
5. After confirmation of final order from manufacturers, we extract the data from the google sheet and use it to invoice the customer.
6. Allow for the manufacturers to print out form for their own personal records.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 04, 2017 at 01:24 AM
Unfortunately, there are limitations that the integration can do for connecting forms with Google Spreadsheets. Here are those to answer each:
1) Yes, form submissions shall submit a copy to your Google Spreadsheet integration upon submission of the form user.
2) Yes, order information are imported to your Google Spreadsheet integration, except credit card information (if you are using any of the payment tools such as Paypal on your form).
3) Can you give us a bit of clarification on this matter? Are you referring to the submitted forms? If so, Google Spreadsheets has no option for this. But your form has an email notification/autoresponder settings which will make this happen. You can check this guide for more information: https://www.jotform.com/help/30-Explanation-of-Email-Notification-and-Autoresponder-Settings
4) Unfortunately, this is not possible. The columns on the Google Spreadsheet do not update once it is already set. But you can reintegrate your form with Google Spreadsheet to create a new Spreadsheet file and with updated columns.
5) You can add make use of the Unique ID widget on your form. This will give you a feature which may consist of alphanumeric characters which may be used as your invoice number: https://www.jotform.com/help/79-How-to-Add-Custom-Unique-IDs-to-your-Form-Submissions
Or you can make use of the submission ID that comes with every submission on your form.
6) As it seems that you need to provide access to others, can you give us more idea on this?