- adriano53Asked on April 21, 2017 at 11:33 AM
I would like to create a hotel booking form where a user can directly calculate how much it can cost to stay with these variables: duration of stay, how many people, ancillary services, etc ... a tip? it can be done?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 21, 2017 at 01:12 PM
Yes, that is possible. You can do it with the calculation feature. To get started, you need to configure your form first. You can use our fields such as Dropdown, Checkbox or Radio Button fields.
1. With the mentioned fields, you can assign calculation values for their options (https://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value). You can use this to hide the price in the form view.
2. You need to get the total by calculation widget: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-perform-calculation-in-the-form.
3. You can pass the total to the payment field for payment processing: https://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field.
Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.