- TheBrainingCenterAsked on April 28, 2017 at 12:24 PM
I want to add the number of boxes someone has checked in a particular field and put that in a hidden numeric field. What is the easiest way to do that?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on April 28, 2017 at 01:45 PM
You can assign a value to each option of the checkbox and then create a condition that will copy that value and put in another field.
1. Insert a Multiple Choice field and Short Entry Text field.
2. Please assign a calculation value for each option in your Multiple Choice. Just select the field and then click the "Properties" button. Go to the "Surveying" tab and put a "1" value in each line under the Calculation Values. Here's a guide: How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value.
3. After that, create an "Update/Calculate Field" condition. The condition states that if the "Fruits (Checkbox)" is filled, the value will be copied to the "How many fruits? (Textbox)" field. Here's a related guide: Conditional-Logic-Inserts-Text-Calculation-Into-A-Field.
Here's the result:
Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.