- DanBlumAsked on May 07, 2017 at 09:07 PM
The payment box sub label that I supplied on my PayPal widget is not showing on the form. It shows in design mode, but not when I preview the form or open it from the form's URL.
This widget has a conditional "show" set based on the multiple Payment Choice widget 2 above it. The choice must be "PayPal" in order for the PayPal payment widget t show.
My form is:
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 01:55 AM
Are you referring to the Payment box sub label in the Payment field?
If so, I have cloned your JotForm to my account and see that there is no description entered in the Payment field. Please access the payment wizard and enter the description so that it should be displaying normally on the form.
Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
- DanBlumAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 09:11 AM
It's still not working. In the input field you've outlined in in red, I've entered (as before) the text: "Enter the total you intend to pay". That text shows on the form on the Build screen:
But when I use the preview button to look at the form, or send my browser to the form's URL, it has reverted to "Description" which is your default value if nothing is in the field.
When I go back to the Build screen, my text is there in the Payment Box Sub Label field....unlike what you experienced.
Can you try looking at it without cloning it on your end?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 10:11 AM
I have checked your form and noticed what you're reporting; however, I cloned it on my end and I was able to update the widget without any problem.
Please, try doing the following:
1. Disable all the conditions with missing fields, they may generate conflicts between the other conditions and might also affect some form functionalities.
2. On the Maps widget you have added, add the API Key, the missing key may generate conflict with the script that the widget runs and it may also conflict with other scripts in the form.
3. You could also remove the payment integration and add it once again, this will get a fresh integration and should clear any issue in the current integration's code.
Here's my cloned form of yours where I have changed the sub-label and it worked fine: https://form.jotformpro.com/71274077647968
Do let us know how it goes.
- DanBlumAnswered on May 10, 2017 at 02:49 PM
I did all the steps you suggested and the problem persists. I also tried editing the sub label directly on the form (in edit mode) rather than enter it in the input field on the right. That didn't fare any better. When I previewed the form your default text of "Payment" returns.
I think you have bug!
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on May 10, 2017 at 04:49 PM
Apologies for any inconvenience. Upon checking your form I see that the issue was fixed after I have cleared your form's cache on my end.
You can also clear your form's cache on your end following this guide: How-to-Clear-Your-Form-Cache
If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to contact us again anytime.