- lafhab2Asked on May 13, 2017 at 08:36 AMJotform, this has been asked for on many occasions by many users. We are a training provider and have certain fields that would be common across multiple forms. For a non-techie this seems really easy to implement, the ability to create common lists that can be used across forms. Please implement this!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 13, 2017 at 10:22 AM
We understand the usefulness of the said feature. But unfortunately, you previous request thread is still pending. We don't have an update about it yet. It's not on the priority list and only our backend team can decide whether to add the feature or not. Still, we'll make sure to let you know as soon as we have it on the form builder.
- SafetyJNJMechAnswered on July 09, 2017 at 09:56 PM
I am really looking forward to this feature as well.
I currently am required to update a number of forms manually with the same data. Would be so much easier to update on data table rather than update multiple forms.
- WilliamRAnswered on July 09, 2017 at 11:43 PM
I couldn't agree more with that. Hopefully we will be able to support this feature in the future. In the meantime, if you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us anytime.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 09, 2017 at 11:50 PM
In addition to what my colleague has already mentioned, alternatively, you can use the Spreadsheet to Form widget on your form. Using this widget, it will allow the values from your spreadsheet to prepopulate the fields on your form. But it will need the spreadsheet to be uploaded first to your form. Please see our guide here on how to use the widget: How to Use the Spreadsheet to Form Widget.
Hope this helps.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- lafhab2Answered on October 12, 2017 at 10:15 AM
Yet again, frustrated at having to edit multiple (30+) forms with the same data for the same field. There absolutely should be an easier way, ie a common source list or data table which can be edited anytime and live on any form which calls it up.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 11:43 AM
We understand your frustration. However, this feature is still not available in JotForm. The only way to update the values of the dropdown field is by manually inserting the values. We will let you know any updates to this feature. As said by my colleague, this will still be decided by our development team if they will implement this feature or not. Rest assured that your sentiments are being considered by our development team.
- SafetyJNJMechAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 05:14 PM
Please aim to get this feature bumped up the priority list - I am looking to change service providers simply because this task is too time consuming.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 08:08 PM
We appreciate your input. We have already escalated multiple tickets to our developers regarding this matter, so hopefully, we will see it implemented sooner than later.