- FFHEFAsked on May 26, 2017 at 01:40 PMNext problem. I changed the title of my form but when I try to share the form from the jotform tool to Facebook it continues to show the old name. I can't seem to find anywhere else that has that name but it keeps showing up. I have tried signing out and signing back in, I have also tried restarting my computer. Neither action fixed it.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on May 26, 2017 at 01:52 PM
Most likely Facebook is scraping the old meta description and because of this reason title of your form was not updated.
You can fix your meta description in Facebook by using the Facebook Sharing Debugger.
As alternative you can clone your form and then share your cloned form.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- FFHEFAnswered on May 26, 2017 at 02:02 PM
I went to the facebook sharing debugger - its for DEVELOPERS I am not a developer I am just trying to update a darn form. It didn't work. As you can see while it picked up that I added an image it is STILL showing org title as th old title. How do I clone a form!?!
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on May 26, 2017 at 02:30 PM
- FFHEFAnswered on May 26, 2017 at 06:24 PM
the issue is already persisting. Why do I have to do additional steps for what must be some sort of coding issue?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 26, 2017 at 07:26 PM
I believe this is the form (https://www.jotform.us/form/40765046580153) you're referring to. I tried sharing this form to my Facebook account and the Page Title is showing correctly. Here's a screenshot:
I cloned your form and I can see that the Page Title is the same (Applause Form).
Before we use the Facebook Sharing Debugger tool, please update the Page Title first. Here's how:
1. Click "Settings" in the top menu. Go to "Form Settings" section and then click the "Show More Options" button.
2. Scroll down and you'll see the "Page Title". Please change it.
Let us know once you're done changing the Page Title. Thank you.