- precisionpropAsked on August 09, 2017 at 02:57 PM
We need the ability to make submissions READ ONLY instead of giving a user the ability to edit submissions. As the user levels are set up now, I see no way to do this. The only options are View submissions (which includes ability to edit submissions) and Edit forms (which gives all access).
How can I limit a user to only be able to VIEW forms?
Thank you for your quick response,
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on August 09, 2017 at 03:11 PM
You can use a report. It is accessed via a link. And can be password protected. It allows for read only access.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on August 09, 2017 at 03:18 PM
When you say user, did you mean "Sub-Users" that you added to your account? If so, then they will indeed have an option to edit submissions too. As an alternative, you can share the submissions with them by using any of the following methods:
1. Share the actual submission page as view only. This is password protected and you can setup the password yourself as soon as you make it public.
Complete guide: How-to-Share-Form-s-Submissions-Page
2. Or, generate a report as suggested by my colleague, and decide which one works best for you. Aside from a Grid Listing Report, you have other options.
Related guide: How-To-Create-Form-Reports-in-JotForm