- M732burkeAsked on September 06, 2017 at 02:20 PM
I want my collaborator with whom I have shared the form to be able to download submissions. Can they do this? She tried and received message "sub-user cannot download".
- JotForm SupportMarvihAnswered on September 06, 2017 at 02:54 PM
By default it is not possible, you need to edit the Sub user account permission.
Please follow this guide on how to edit Sub-user account permissions https://www.jotform.com/help/232-How-to-Share-Forms-with-a-Sub-Account-User
If you need more help please reply back.
- M732burkeAnswered on September 06, 2017 at 03:43 PMThis says how to share forms, not how to edit permissions
- JotForm SupportMarvihAnswered on September 06, 2017 at 04:20 PM
Ohh I forgot that you already added a sub user. Basically you just need to go to https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/users then select the sub users email address.
I added my FREE account as a sub user then give it that permission on the image above. I tried downloading the submissions in the shared folder and it was successful.
- M732burkeAnswered on September 06, 2017 at 04:43 PMOk. I changed that user’s access to the specific forms in question to EDIT and VIEW. She still cannot download submissions as an Excel file or as PDFs.
I do not need to share ALL my forms with her. I have 37 forms for the jobs I do with her firm. I have more than 200 forms for other clients. I do not want this one sub-user to have access to the forms I created for other customers.
After I changed her permissions to her forms (VIEW and EDIT) I asked her to try again to download submissions, but she received same error message. Surely there must be a way to give more access to a sub-user for a limited number of forms and not ALL my forms.
Your help has been more helpful than any so far.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 06, 2017 at 06:10 PM
What is the email address of the sub-user? Let us know, and we'll check.
The sub-user account feature allows you to select what form to share. You just need to select and check the form in the list.
If this involves a number of forms, I would suggest grouping the forms into a folder so you can just select the folder instead of the individual forms.
Here's a folder that exists on my account:
- M732burkeAnswered on September 07, 2017 at 07:43 AMThe email of the sub-user is Tracye.Strichik@ece.alabama.gov .
She should be able to download submissions of forms share with her in Excel, CSV, or PDF formats.
Thank you for your help.
- JotForm SupportsethAnswered on September 07, 2017 at 10:41 AM
I checked the form and the sub-user permissions and she should be able to download the submissions of the form New DECE Teacher Credential Verification Form.
If she is trying to download another form, you need to give permissions for that also.
Please check again and if the issue persists contact us again.