- jeffrychengAsked on September 13, 2017 at 04:05 AM
I tried using Embed Form Plugin in my Wordpress site. The Take Photo widget camera wont work. It wouldn't load. I also set the Default Camera as "Back" but when I use my Android phone, it uses the "Front" instead.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 04:14 AM
Can you please provide us your site's link where your form is currently embedded so that we can investigate the issue further? If it seems using the Embed Form Plugin causes these issues, please try other embed methods when embedding your form in Wordpress as mentioned in this guide: Guide to Embed Forms for WordPress Users.
- jeffrychengAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 05:14 AM
I have included the link in my original post. You may notice, when I select NRIC - PC Webcam, which is the Take Photo widget, it wont load on Wordpress Embed Form Plugin.
- jeffrychengAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 05:22 AM
I tried with oembed plugin :
I dont like this, it creates a frame and its not nice.
I tried with form embed plugin :
This is good.
Both of the methods above when I select PC Webcam, the Take Photo widget will not load.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 07:38 AM
You can refer to this guide to know more about the iframe embed code method: https://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code
- jeffrychengAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 07:54 AM
i used iframe plugin and insert iframe code as per instructed. still unable.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 10:36 AM
I am currently checking your form. Please give me more time to further investigate the issue. Will get back to you as soon as I get a result.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 10:55 AM
As per checking, the Take Photo Widget works on a secure URL (https://). When I access the direct link of the form using the secure URL, I was able to access the widget.
However, when accessing the form using an non-secure URL the widget is not displayed properly.
For the Take Photo widget to display on your site, you need to access your site using https:// URL (i.e https://www.atomybiz.ml/).
- jeffrychengAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 09:19 PM
Hi Chriistian, I understand your point. However, my site is not installed with SSL. There should be a workaround for this issue to call the Camera without secure site. Please check and let me know if there can be a workaround or enhancement on the matter.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 11:06 PM
Most browsers like Google Chrome made it a strict requirement that in order for the website to access the camera, the website must be secure (HTTPS). Unfortunately, since this is a browser limit, I'm afraid there's no other workaround other than using your direct secure form URL.
- jeffrychengAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 11:21 PM
understood, thanks, can close this ticket.