- rwaldenjrAsked on October 06, 2017 at 07:46 PM1. In regards to my previous Question #1, the link is not showing up in the email I receive from Autoresponder after form submission. If you look at the Thank You page template for my Property Sellers Inquiry form, you'll see that I entered Form 2's prepopulation URL at the bottom so that it would be a redundant location for access to the user's profile. All the data entries seem to be there. But, the form seems to be truncated after that.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 06, 2017 at 07:56 PM
I have been testing your form and it seemed to work on my end, I submitted this form: http://www.jotform.us/form/71725686488170
And this is the email I have received on my email auto-responder:
Are you not getting the same link when you're testing your form?
Please note that there are some email providers that strip some parameters from pre-populated links, this might have happened on your end and note that this is for security reasons.
May you please test your form using a Gmail address, it's the same I used on my end and it worked.
If you're still unable to get the link, please provide us some screenshots about how it reaches your email, we will be glad to further check this.
Looking forward to your response.
- rwaldenjrAnswered on October 06, 2017 at 11:43 PM
- rwaldenjrAnswered on October 07, 2017 at 12:26 AM
(Sorry about the previous blank message. I wanted to check one other thing after I submitted it the first time, and deleted it before you responded.)
Okay, so I don't have Gmail. But, I tried pasting the dynamic prepopulation URL onto the "Thank You" message of my Home Buyer Registration form this time. And, it showed up on the Thank You screen after form submission (Chrome browser). It clearly shows the dynamic name fields have been filled with data from the form (see first screenshot).
However, when I clicked on the link in my email, they didn't load for some reason, as you can see in the second screenshot. Rather than showing prepopulation data, the form opened with generic field names showing in each element, or else blank. Not sure why this is happening!?!
Thanks for your help!
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on October 07, 2017 at 04:28 AM
It seems I can't able to replicate the issue you are reporting on this form (http://www.jotform.us/form/71725686488170 ). The prepopulated link is fine on my end both in the Thank you page and in Email.
However, as per checking form (http://www.jotform.us/form/71722218788161) and I was able to replicate the issue at this time.
This problem you are experiencing is due to the error in the prepopulated link. Kindly please check if you have followed thoroughly the instructions in this thread: How to Automatically Pass Form Data to Another Form.
If the issue still persists after checking the prepopulated link, please do let us know.