- mtijAsked on October 24, 2017 at 07:32 AM
I am currently in the Storage pricing plan. However, my profile says "you are out of space". In addition, I received the following email, although I just paid for the Storage plan via Paypal.
"You have reached your JotForm upload limit
It seems like you have reached your upload limit. Storage accounts are limited to 100.00 MB of upload space. Your forms will be disabled on Wednesday at 12pm EST. Since we understand that it can be an inconvenience to have your forms stop working because you reached your upload limit, we'd like to remind you that you can upgrade and your forms will be running smoothly again."
- JotForm SupportamyAnswered on October 24, 2017 at 10:54 AM
When I check your account, I see that you upgraded your account today. The limits of the Storage plan are the same as the free plan, with the exception being the total amount of submissions your account can store at any given time.
With a free plan, your account can only have up to 500 submissions at any given time, while with the Storage plan the amount of submissions that can be stored in your forms is not limited. Also, the form view limit is unlimited while it is 1,000 for the free plan.
The limits of the Storage plan are these:
- Receiving up to 100 form submissions each month.
- Receiving up to 10 payment submissions each month.
- Having up to unlimited form views each month.
- Having up to 100 MB of uploaded files.
- The total number of submissions stored in your account is unlimited.
- Having up to 5 active forms.
If you deleted some submissions with attached files from your account, your total upload space might have been affected by this process. Your account's limits seem in a good standing now as mentioned in this thread: Why do I receive the notification "You are out of space
For further details please check out user guide: Understanding Your Account Usage and Limits