- socalobieAsked on October 25, 2017 at 03:29 PM
I am trying to have an answer to Question 6 show up as an option in Question 10. I am using single choice questions. Is it possible?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on October 25, 2017 at 05:20 PM
The condition cannot add a new answer to the question. However, if the goal is to populate the same existing answer (e.g. 'Pittsburgh' from Question 6 populates 'Pittsburgh' in Question 10), you can do this with 'Update / Calculate Field' condition:
If you need any further assistance on this, please let us know.
- socalobieAnswered on October 25, 2017 at 06:43 PMI have entered the data exactly like you have shown in your response. However I cannot get Pittsburgh to show up in question 10. I altered the logic a little to fit what I need. But I still cannot get the results to show up
Where is the error in what I am doing? After entering I go to preview and enter the data but the options in Game 5 and 6 so not show up.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on October 25, 2017 at 07:53 PM
It seems that the Question 10 is currently missing the Pittsburgh answer, this is why the field is not population from the Question 6.
For example, if you switch condition to the result Question 13 or 15 it should work.
- socalobieAnswered on October 25, 2017 at 09:43 PMOK. I figured out how that works. However it does not give me what I want. For example in Question 10 shown below I want to have Pittsburgh added as the second option based on the results of a prior question. I don't want Pittsburgh to be the answer.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on October 26, 2017 at 03:23 AM
I am not sure if you wanted to provide us some images, but please note that files that are attached inside of the email will not be shown here on the forum. You have to open this thread and upload your screenshots.
I am also not exactly sure what are you trying to achieve. If you want to a new option to the question based on the option that was selected in some other field, that is not possible, like my colleague already mentioned.
You can only pass a value from one field to another field that has the same option.
Please provide us your screenshots and more details about what are you trying to achieve.