- clayravinAsked on March 05, 2018 at 03:48 AM
Is there a way for these calculation values be sent in the Notifcation email, instead of the option names?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Assign Calculation Value
- JotForm SupporttinaAnswered on March 05, 2018 at 07:51 AM
There is not a built-in option on JotForm. However, it could be done with using Update/Calculate Fields Conditional logic.
Please follow the instructions in order to create a field that could pass the other fields value to notification emails:
1) Add a field that can be applied calculation values such as dropdown list, radio buttons.
2) Add some calculation values to the field. How to Assign Calculation Value
3) Add a short text entry field or number field and hide the field from field settings. We will use this field in order to pass the calculation value of the previous field.
4) Go to Conditions under Form Settings.
5) Add a new Update/Calculate Fields condition as seen below.
(If dropdown is filled then copy the value of the selected item to the hidden short text entry field)
6) You can delete the field that includes option names from the template of notification email from email settings.
You can check this guide in order to learn more about form conditions:
I hope it helps.
- clayravinAnswered on March 05, 2018 at 07:28 PM
Ok, thanks Tina.