- hayanceyAsked on March 20, 2018 at 03:48 PM
I have encrypted forms following the information in the forum as directed. I have also cleared my browser cache and reloaded the encryption key as directed in order to see the data after submission but am having no luck on one specific form! What am I doing wrong? All I get is gobblygook.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 20, 2018 at 04:27 PM
Please take note that it is possible to have different private key to each encrypted form.
User guide: Encrypted Forms and How to Use Them
So it might be that you were using a wrong private key to this form you cannot remove the encryption to view the submission data.
I see your form is using form encryption. Please look for the correct private key that the form have when you used form encryption on it.
I also just test form encryption and it is working at this time. I can view my encrypted form using the correct private key.
Let us know if issue persist.
- hayanceyAnswered on March 20, 2018 at 06:11 PM
So I had created two different keys accidentally and have actually tried both and am still having no luck. Any other suggestions?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 20, 2018 at 06:30 PM
Are you sure that one of the 2 private keys was the correct key created when the form was encrypted previously?
If neither of the 2 keys is still not opening the form encryption, it must be because it still the wrong key...
You can also test further on separate form to get confirmation that the feature is working.
1. Enable form encryption on your Test form.
2. Make sure you saved/download and know where the private key is.
3. Make a test submission on your Test form.
4. You can review the test submission of the form in the form View Submission panel.
5. Because form encryption was enabled, you will most likely not be able to view the data.
6. You can now upload the private key you kept(step #2) and use it to remove the data encryption.
7. You should be able to view the data properly now in the View Submission panel.
I hope this help. Let us know if issue persist.