- dstoccoAsked on March 20, 2018 at 09:58 PM
My thank you page for my form is showing in dark gray background with black type. Very hard to read. The form page has a white background. What can be done?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 04:07 AM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
I did test your form by sending a test submission and I am not able to replicate the issue you are having. The thank you message was displayed correctly after the form is submitted. Please check the screenshot below:
I would suggest you to please test your form again and get back to us if the issue persists. You may also like to share the webpage URL where you have embedded your form and we will take a look.
We will wait for your response.
- dstoccoAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 09:43 AMThat is not the form on my page. Check my contact page at mybookdesigner.com,
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 10:59 AM
I have fixed this issue in your form. I would suggest you to please test your form again and get back to us if the issue persists.
- dstoccoAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 11:43 AMIt works now, Thanks!
Is there anyway to make the Thank you appear on the page without having to
scroll up to see it?
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 01:10 PM
From what I can see at the page you shared, your form is embedded to show up in full length and it is very long. Please try to re-embed your form with the Iframe code, it should fix the issue:
We will gladly assist if you need more help.
- dstoccoAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 01:43 PMThank you, I'll try that.
- dstoccoAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 02:43 PMThat worked to move go directly to the Thank you page, however, the form
and the thank you page are black text on dark gray now.
Could it just be my computer for some reason?
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 03:43 PM
You seem to have applied a background image. You can delete this image and your form should look right.
1) Click on the Form Designer (paint brush icon)
2) Click on the Colors tab
3) Click on Remove Image
- dstoccoAnswered on March 21, 2018 at 04:43 PMThank you so much. I wondered what that image was there. I thought it was
part of the template that I chose so I was afraid to delete it. Didn't know
it was causing the issue. Thanks a bunch!