- Akademie_WienAsked on March 27, 2018 at 03:00 AM
I am using calculation values for an single choice field.
It is working well!
But I also would like to copy the choosen option into an text field! As long as I am not using values it is working. If I use them not anymore!
Is there a way to get the values for calculation and the text of the option?
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on March 27, 2018 at 09:06 AM
Unfortunately, when using calculation values, your options are read as values assigned. But, if you need to use both the original value and calculation, I can suggest creating additional field to convert it back. You can hide it afterwards.
The idea is following:
1. Create a Short Text Entry field before your Text field.
2. Add 2 conditional statements to insert text into Short Text Entry field based on user's answer:
3. Pre populate Short Text Entry field to the Text field with it's unique name:
Hope this helps! But, just let us know if you need further assistance.