justin.tulloAnswered on April 17, 2020 08:20 PM
When downloading a form to PDF, is there a way to rename the file using data from the form spreedsheet? For example, if the form name is Patient Admission Information - Have the document renamed to Admission Information - Patient Name.
Sonnyfer JotForm SupportAnswered on April 17, 2020 10:00 PM
You can change your PDF filename prior to download it by following the below steps:
1. In the submissions page, click PDF > Customize PDF
2. Once the PDF editor opens, click the Layout Settings (Paint Roller Icon)
3. Scroll down and look for PDF FILE NAME
4. Click on the textbox and select the Fields you wish to appear on the Filename next time you download a submission.
5. Once done, select the submission from the same page and click DOWNLOAD
Here's a screencast for you to better understand how to do it:
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
justin.tulloAnswered on April 20, 2020 05:46 PM
Thank you for this. But is there way to do it for the original PDF? I don't see the Layout Settings option in this mode. Or do I have to replicate the original using it as a new document?
Sonnyfer JotForm SupportAnswered on April 20, 2020 08:10 PM
I apologize, I may have misunderstood your question. Could you please share with us a screenshot for us to see that it looks like on your end? We'd appreciate it as well if you could also share the name/URL of the form you are working on.
Looking forward to your response.