- terrencestroudeAsked on March 09, 2014 at 09:09 PM
I would like to know if it was possible to add an audio file to a form not using soundcloud.
I would rather not use the soundcloud plugin to it because the layout of the plugin may distract people filling out forms to actually go to the soundcloud page.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 10, 2014 at 02:18 AM
Please check the following guide where one of my colleague @Welvin have provided a workaround to embed audio file in a form: http://www.jotform.com/answers/319081-Audio-and-Video-into-Radio-Button-selection
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- terrencestroudeAnswered on March 10, 2014 at 02:40 AMI read the thread and it seems a little complex, but i did see what i would
like to put on my form
this link https://shots.jotform.com/welvin/pages/mp3-player-on-form.html is
what i would like to setup
Just 1 mp3 and an option to explain what the sound file is.
Could you give me a step by step process how to do this
i have a form ready and my music file is uploaded on soundcloud.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 10, 2014 at 07:07 AM
Please let us know the form ID on which the audio file needs to be embedded and also the URL of mp3 file. We will try to embed it in your form.
We will wait for your response.
- terrencestroudeAnswered on March 10, 2014 at 01:20 PMOk Thanks,
I will give you my main form im using but would like to use this MP3 on
Here is the link for my main form
I would like to have the MP3 located at the very top of my form.
Here is the Link for the MP3
If possible i would like the name the file as well
i want the file to be named " New Associate Introduction Message"
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 10, 2014 at 04:22 PM
Any chance you could upload the MP3 on dropbox/google drive and share it with us?
SoundCloud does not allow for downloads - and we would like to upload the file to Jotform servers
I will collaborate with my colleages while awaiting your response.
- terrencestroudeAnswered on March 10, 2014 at 04:30 PMI will send it on google drive, but I just thought of something...the link
I gave you for the form is live in campaigns i am doing, can I give you a
copy of my form that isnt active to use instead?
- terrencestroudeAnswered on March 10, 2014 at 05:10 PMHere is the link for the audio file from google drive
Please use this form instead to test entering the audio file in my form.
If it's good you can leave the file in the form as i will be using this
form as well in the future.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 10, 2014 at 08:23 PM
The Audio is embedded on the test form.
Take a look and advice. http://www.jotform.us/form/40591895535162
- terrencestroudeAnswered on March 10, 2014 at 08:40 PMYES !!!!!! PERFECT !!!!!!
Could you please give me the steps to put this in other forms ?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 02:41 AM
Your message has reached my colleague @TitusN. Unfortunately he is not available online currently. He will get back to you as soon as he is back online.
- terrencestroudeAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 03:00 AMOk thanks !
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 11, 2014 at 08:04 AM
Thank you for the feedback.
Here are the steps:
1. Create an upload form which you will use to upload your audio file to our servers:
You will get an email notification with the link to the file. Copy the link and change it with the mp3 URL's on line 12 and 14 shown on the following html code: http://pastebin.com/2pFjnUV6
2. Create a page on your website for the HTML code on the pastebin code above and paste it there. The one I created is found here: https://shots.jotform.com/titus/playaudio.html - You can use it to skip step #1 above, but I can't promise this webpage will be maintained.
3. Next, add a HTML/Freetext field on your form, then paste in the following code:
<iframe src="https://shots.jotform.com/titus/playaudio.html" alt="" /></iframe>
You can change the src URL to the one you created in step 2 on a page on your website -or just use the one I provided - no promises on whether it will be maintained - but I will leave it available for as long as possible.
4. To make the field we just added prettier, add the following CSS to your form using this guide:
5. That's it, your form will automatically begin playing the mp3 as soon as its loaded:
Does that help? Let us know.