JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Why is my client losing messages?Asked by timshutes on March 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Hi, my client "flourboxbakery" continues to have issues with forms on her website. There are messages that never reach her. This is incredibly frustrating - she has had no luck with your customer support. The problem keeps returning. Can you please explain what is happening and why? And further, since she has upgraded her account and is a paying jotforms customer, could you please fix this for her if at all possible?
The first time she got a cryptic response from customer service about emails being bounced.
She is literally losing orders, and losing money over this issue and is frustrated because she has not gotten anywhere with your support. I send a lot of clients your way and hope to continue being able to do that. I'd appreciate you responding to her ASAP please.
Her email is: anne@*****.com
Here is the jotform: http://www.flourboxbakery.com/pages/controlled-orders
The email address was on our bounce list. I removed it now.
My recommendations so that she does not lose customers in the future:
- Use jotText text (SMS) message service (not free, but very affordable)
- Setup additiona email notifications to different email addresses. So, if one email address gets bounced the other will still go through.
If you replied to this email we have not received your message. Please post it here directly.
This happened before - and she was taken off before. Why would she be on the email bounce list?
In my opinion the reason of this issue is unreliable GoDaddy email hosting. This is a standard practice to handle email bounce back messages and we have to do it with no exceptions.
As you can see there is an error (reason) on Aytekin's screenshot, we received it from GoDaddy upon sending email to anne@*****.com.
Here are possible reasons of the bounce back message:
- This is the bounce back message that is received by the sender from our server if the destination email address does not exist.
- The same error message is received if the recipient has a mail loop. That is, if the recipient has set a forward to another email address and that email address is forwarded back to the original one. In this case, you need to remove the loop in order to receive the emails.
- If there is a forward set for an account, and an email is sent to that account, if for some reason the forwarded email is not sent, the original sender may get the above error.
However, that was not a complete list. We do not manage GoDaddy's email service and we can not guarantee that they will not block any further messages.
If you need any further assistance on this, please let us know.