- sklipAsked on April 15, 2014 at 08:37 AM
Hi is it possible to have a form theat date and time stamps when a person signs in (on the form) and date stamps when the click submit
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM
There is no direct feature to achieve your requirement. But if your requirement is to know what time the form was loaded and what time it was submitted, I think you can get both the date/time information.
Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Add one date/time field in your form.
2. Enable the "Allow Time" and "Default Time" property of your date/time field. Please check the screenshot below:
When the form is loaded, it will display the current time which will be part of the submission record. When a form is submitted, the submission view will also display the "submission time". In this way you can have access to both the form loading and the submission time as well. Please check the screenshot below:
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- seaserpentAnswered on January 28, 2015 at 02:36 PMResurrecting this topic as it might help others. A date and time embedded into the actual form is needed. When one wants to import the submission into some other software, the date/time stamp must be part of the form. The method described above is sufficient if the infos could be locked so users cannot edit them. Is this possible? Yes. There is option in the Show Properties to make the fields hidden and will never be seen on the form itself.