- mBooxAsked on May 09, 2014 at 03:34 PM
I've tried four times to get the Dropbox Integration to work. I've logged in to Dropbox, run the authentication button from Jot, it asks for access and then I grant it - then nothing. No folder on Dropbox, I tried sending a file from the embedded code in my website - it's not showing up anywhere.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 09, 2014 at 05:01 PM
I tested the Dropbox integration using a clone version of your form http://www.jotformpro.com/form/41176776996979
And so far, it had all worked properly.
Please see screenshots below for details when I did the test
1. During setup of integration
(you can click on images to enlarge them)
2. The integration process created the Dropbox folder with the form name in my Dropbox account
3. After test submitting the form, the PDF report file and the image uploaded on the form was reflected on the Dropbox folder of the integrated form
See if it has similar result.
Inform us if this problem persist on your form and not yet resolved.
- mBooxAnswered on May 09, 2014 at 05:36 PM
Thank you for the response. The problem seems to be that your wizard does not work properly using Safari. I tried it again using Firefox and it progressed through the setup screens as promised. I tested the form on my site and it worked perfectly. Thank you, but you may want to check out your Safari incompatibility. I unblocked my popups - but it still did not work.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 09, 2014 at 08:16 PM
Thank you for letting us know and glad to hear you've managed to resolve the problem.
We will check the problem you've identified when safari and submit it to our developers.