- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 25, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Upon checking your website contact page, I found that you have already changed your form's embed code to non-SSL.
I have manually reset your SSL counter to zero and your account is now active. Please be informed that we can reset the counter only once per account. If you are using secure embed scripts to embed your other forms in your web page, it should be replaced by non secure embed scripts.
Here are the steps to grab your form's non secure iFrame embed code:
1. Grab your form's iFrame embed code. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code
2. You need to just ensure that the "Secure Form" check box is not checked. Please check the screenshot below:
- endlessprintsAnswered on November 26, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Thank you for the fix. I have to admit that I am a little concerned about this as it's a pretty common topic on the forums. I double checked all of my forms and none of them are "https" and I am pretty sure they never were.
Attached is a pic of what I see in our page editor. Is there a possibility that Google or Google Chrome is converting these to secure on their end with the new updates? If so, why is that counted against our account?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 26, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Let me assure you that if the form is not submitted to secure URL, the submission will never be counted as SSL.
I just sent a test submission using your contact us form you have embedded in your web page and the it was not counted as SSL. Please share the other web page URLs where you have embedded other forms and we will take a look.
Coming back to the screenshot you have shared, which editor it is where you are having this issue? Do let us know and we will take a look.
We will wait for your response.
- endlessprintsAnswered on November 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM
We are using Shopify.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 26, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I did check and none of the web pages are using secure embed code of your form.
My would suggest you to monitor your submissions for a while. Do get back to us if you receive any SSL submissions.
- endlessprintsAnswered on November 26, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Great, thank you for checking everything!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on November 26, 2014 at 01:35 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome. Please get back to us if you need further assistance in this regard. We will be happy to help.
Thank you for using JotForm.
- TendanceAnswered on May 25, 2015 at 05:41 PM
Could you reset my ssl submissions as well?
i'll add the iframe code to the website instead of the script embed ^^