- transpayAsked on July 04, 2015 at 01:26 AM
I'm trying to put a form logic rule for if someone chooses "other" from one of my dropdown selectors, a text field will appear asking them to specify. If "other" is not selected, the field should just be hidden.
I notice you have this for radio buttons but not for dropdowns, any suggestions?
Please note the form is still a work in progress.
- CharlieAnswered on July 04, 2015 at 02:21 AM
Unfortunately, the "Dropdown" field does not have a direct option or function similar to the "Radio button" field.
However, you can do that by using conditional logic. Here's how you can set it up.
1. I added a text box for the "Others" field. Click the conditional logic, we want to show the text box only if the "Drop down" option selected is "Other".
2. Choose "Show / Hide a form field".
3. Here's how my rules and action is setup.
Make sure to save the changes. You can check how it works here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51841159302955?.
Let us know if you need more assistance on this.
- transpayAnswered on July 04, 2015 at 02:32 AM