- smithgrant83Asked on August 06, 2015 at 07:55 PM
I have been trying to use the encryption and it isn't working. If I select to encrypt a new form the window to create a key does not pop up?
If I'm opening an old encrypted form I load my key but it won't save.
I got to the set up private key and clicked create but it just kept loading for 15 minutes?
How can I get the encryption to work again, now if I select encrypt form it won't pop up at all to create a new key?
- smithgrant83Answered on August 06, 2015 at 08:05 PM
Its not working at all now, it will let me select encrypt form but I can't get a key for it. It just saves it and says its encrypted but won't provide an option for a key.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on August 07, 2015 at 03:37 AM
Please try to find the jotform.key file on your computer. If you downloaded that file multiple times, you will need to use the most recent file.
First of all, check the Downloads folder on your computer to see if the key file is there.
On Windows it can be accessed with the next path in Explorer.
And on Mac with Finder.
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- smithgrant83Answered on August 07, 2015 at 10:36 AM
When I create a new form,
1) I go to advanced settings
2) select yes on encrypt form
3) nothing happens, no pop up to select a key.
4) a green lock appears on my form
5) when someone submits information on the form the can't open it without a key. But how can I upload a key if there is no option to do so.
- smithgrant83Answered on August 07, 2015 at 10:38 AM
This is when creating a new form
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 07, 2015 at 11:39 AM
The key should be saved in your browser. Try clearing your browsers cache/cookies or using a different browser to see if that will allow the encryption pop-up to come up. It should come up when viewing submissions:
- smithgrant83Answered on August 07, 2015 at 11:53 AM
When I create a new form is where I have the issue
- smithgrant83Answered on August 07, 2015 at 11:56 AM
If I create and brand new form and try and encrypt it there is no option to create a new key. I want to make a brand new form and encrypt but it won't provide a key
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 07, 2015 at 01:03 PM
The key is the same for all forms in your account. You only receive one key. There will not be a new key created for each new form. The key you received when you first enabled encryption will decrypt your new forms as well your old ones.
- smithgrant83Answered on August 07, 2015 at 01:59 PM
THANK YOU! I was frustrated and now i understand. I appreciate your quick response.
Everything is working wonderfully (now that i understand the process :))
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 07, 2015 at 02:02 PM
Awesome, glad to hear it. If there is anything else we can assist you with, let us know and we will be happy to help. A word of advice, make sure you keep that key file safe. If you lose that file you will lose all the data that is encrypted.
- smithgrant83Answered on August 07, 2015 at 02:18 PM
Yes I sure will. One more quick question. I logged out and logged back I went to open an encrypted form. It asked for my key which I clicked browse and open but nothing happened and the form remains encrypted even though I have a key?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 07, 2015 at 02:21 PM
Might be a browser issue. The key may not have been properly applied. Try clearing your cache/cookies again to see if it helps. It should allow you to properly use the key again. If it does not, try a different browser, Chrome and FireFox tend to work best.
- smithgrant83Answered on August 07, 2015 at 02:26 PM
Yes, browser fixed it. Used chrome.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on August 07, 2015 at 02:38 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
- reidelectronicsAnswered on September 06, 2015 at 09:10 PMWhat happens if the jotform.key did not download? When I created "generate key" it just came up in a new tab in my browser, but did not download, and I was not even given the option to download. I did copy/paste the text from that tab to my text editor, so I have the key data, but still only about 10% of my submissions are unencrypted when I go to view my submissions.
I am freaking out, because I cannot view about 3k submissions since 9/1 when I encrypted my form.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on September 07, 2015 at 03:12 AM
I have moved your question to separate thread and we will provide you an answer there shortly.