What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Is It Possible to Set a Minimum Number of Allowed Characters for a Field?Asked by UEPWeb on August 10, 2015 at 04:15 PM
I can set the number of characters users can enter (set at 6)
I can set the maximum allowed characters for this field (also set at 6)
But I don't have the option to set the minimum allowed characters?
I want to ensure that users enter a 6-digit number, because some will enter 5-digit employee numbers that will not work with our system.
allowed characters maximum number of characters system input mask exact number no more no less minimum required number
I see that this has been asked many times over. I'll try the manipulating the embedded code workaround.
There's actually no need to manipulate the embedded code. You could do the following instead:
1. Delete the current Employee ID field*
2. Insert a normal text box field in its place
3. Set it to Required just like you did with the now deleted field and then click the Input Mask button and enter six octothorpes (######) and check Fill Mask Validation:
4. (Optional Step) Change the error message which is displayed when less than the required number of digits are entered
* If you have received data via the Employee ID field, save the submissions before deleting the field
Here's a clone of your JotForm with the above solution.
Should you need further help with this, we'd be glad to provide it.