- educationalexcursionsAsked on August 12, 2015 at 06:13 AM
I have the same problem. Maybe someone can help?
All of my forms (even the master is messed up). And I have not even opened the master for a year
1. All questions are visible to the submitter, and all appear to work fine
2. But some fields (even required ones) show up blank in the email response and in the spreadsheet that jot form automatically creates with the data.
I have cloned various forms in an attempt to fix this mess and even gone back to my master form. The problem is always the same for these same questions.
I have even built new forms from the meter and the same fields show up blank.
Thoughts welcome :)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 12, 2015 at 06:26 AM
Please let us know the URL of the page where the affected form is currently embedded so we can check it. I doubt that a script conflict is causing this to happen in the form. It's possible that the required field validation had stopped from working due to this conflict allowing someone to submit the form without filling up the required fields.
But if there are conflicts, re-embedding your form using our iframe method should help you fix and prevent it from happening:
As for the email notification, it's possible that the field names have changed due to the updates that you've made in the form so I would suggest re-creating the settings.
You have to delete the notifier. Here's how to do it: http://www.jotform.com/help/132-How-to-Delete-Notifications-Autoresponder.
Then simply re-create it after. Here's our guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications.
- educationalexcursionsAnswered on August 15, 2015 at 06:05 AMHi Welvin,
Thanks for the info. My problem seems to me morphing.
This is the latest issue.
1. Attached is what I see when building the form screen shot (5:48)
2. This is what the submitter sees:
There are several questions absent from what they see.
Thoughts welcome :)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 15, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Your screenshot failed to appear in this thread. Here's how you can add a screenshot to this support forum (https://www.jotform.com/answers/277033-How-to-add-screenshots-images-to-questions-in-support-forum).
Anyways, I think the issue is related to your conditional logic settings. There are fields that have been deleted in the form causing some empty rules in the logic. For example:
I've fixed this for you by removing those. Please check again and let us know if the issue persists.
- educationalexcursionsAnswered on August 17, 2015 at 01:30 AMYes it works now, thanks. How can I 'un-delete' those fields? I have other
forms with similar issues.
- SammyAnswered on August 17, 2015 at 05:07 AM
You can use the form-revision history to revert back to an earlier version of your form
- educationalexcursionsAnswered on August 17, 2015 at 05:55 AMHello,
The revision history is too recent and shows no relevant changes.
Earlier Welvin, said "I think the issue is related to your conditional
logic settings. There are fields that have been deleted in the form causing
some empty rules in the logic. that I've fixed this for you by removing
those. Please check again and let us know if the issue persists.
How can I do this myself, on this form:
- SammyAnswered on August 17, 2015 at 07:20 AM
You can remove the orphaned conditions by accessing your saved form conditions and removing the ones with non-existent fields
- educationalexcursionsAnswered on August 17, 2015 at 08:55 AMthanks so much Sammy!