- blakefamAsked on August 30, 2015 at 06:26 PM
I am considering using JotForm to help my wife's school with their reporting academic progress of students to parents.
Currently they use a Word document with a number of 'from' elements. Whilst it works, it is not smooth to use, often loses formatting and has compatibility issues both across platforms and with software versions.
Teachers need to be able to input data (numbers), use drop down boxes and check boxes and write text for a general comment. They would need to be able to return to each report, make edits and then finally enter attendance data just prior to printing - ideally to PDF - for both back-uip storage and commercial colour printing.
I have attached a copy of the Word document - screenshot because I can't upload a .doc
Is there a way for teachers to use JotForm to accomplish this use of a form, whilst allowing the Principal and Deputy Principal of the school to have edit rights throughout the process.
I have previously assisted the school to use Filemaker Pro for this reporting activity but the ongoing software licensing and cross platform challenges prohibits its continued use.
I fully understand if what I am asking of JotForm falls outside the intended use or capability of the system. I use Jotform for many other purposes and it has always met my needs.
Thank you in anticipation of your efforts.
- SammyAnswered on August 31, 2015 at 07:09 AM
Regarding the continued editing by both teachers and the school heads, you can use two notifications one for sending email to the teacher and another for sending the email to both principal and the deputy.
In those emails you will include and edit submissions link so that when clicked they will be able to view and review the submissions for a particular student.
You can then add a an option to specify if the review is the final so that another notification containing a PDF copy of the data is sent to the teacher or intended party for record keeping (we can use email sending conditions in this case)
Please let us know if the above scenario addresses your question then we can advise further on how to accomplish it
- blakefamAnswered on August 31, 2015 at 07:45 AMI think you have identified exactly what I am after.
Other than trying to make my form look like the example.
I am concerned I don't know how to:
* generate a link to allow the submission to be edited (can it be edited
* add the option to make a review a final document ready for printing to
Does the look and feel of the original form remain throughout the complete
Thank you very much for your assistance.
- CharlieAnswered on August 31, 2015 at 11:18 AM
Depending on how your work flow process, here are some guides that might help you:
1. You can easily add an edit link in the notifications by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/40-How-to-Let-Users-Update-Their-Form-Submissions-at-a-Later-Date
2. Now, you want different personnel to receive an email notification with the edit link so that they can update the submission. To do that you can use conditional logic to send the notification to specific people.
Here's a guide on how to do that: http://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-send-to-a-specific-email-address-based-on-a-selection
3. If you want to print the form as it is with the form fields filled out, you can add a print button on it: https://www.jotform.com/help/24-Print-Button-on-Forms
If you need more assistance on this, please let us know.
- blakefamAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 03:45 AMAmazing support as usual.
Your support mechanism and team are amazing. Many other companies and apps could learn from the way you operate.
Sincere thanks . . . . . Again!
- SammyAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 05:42 AM
On behalf of my colleague you are most welcome Bill