- proworksrsAsked on September 29, 2015 at 03:20 AMI tried to add the direct link of my form to my wix CNAME record it wasn't accepted it seems like it needs to be in specific format eg. www.jotform.com or www.google.com...etcThe main thing I'm trying to do is getting my form having a new link eg. "email@example.com"I also tried to use the custom link option and still the same issue.ThanksPage URL:
- SammyAnswered on September 29, 2015 at 05:10 AM
The instructions on how to set up custom domains for jotform is described in this guide
The domain that you have to add to the host name is custom.jotform2.com
Please let us know if you will need further clarification
- proworksrsAnswered on September 29, 2015 at 05:26 AM
I've seen that video several times and still there is a problem...At the end of the video (when he tests the link it takes him (where I have the same problem) to the main JotForm page (account) and not to the form it self ??!!
- SammyAnswered on September 29, 2015 at 07:05 AM
In the case of your wix interface you need to define it as follow
1. Alias Name: the custom name you want to use i.e. proworks.resala.ae
2. Hostname: custom.jotform2.com
To add the URL of your form to redirect using the custom domain use it as follows;
if you type proworks.resala.ae you will be redirected to the login interface for the form builder as you described in your last post.
At the end of the video (when he tests the link it takes him (where I have the same problem) to the main JotForm page (account) and not to the form it self ??!!
let us know if you will need additional assistance.
- proworksrsAnswered on September 29, 2015 at 08:12 AM
Thanks for the reply,
My main goal is to have a link i.e (opp.resala.ae) so once my client enters this link it takes him to the form directly
I attached the 3 screenshots of what I entered please let me know if they all are correct
I tried to go to the opp/resala.ae but it is not working
Thank you very much
- SammyAnswered on September 29, 2015 at 08:47 AM
You have set up the domain redirection correctly.
In order to link the form to the custom URL add it in this manner
Accessing the URL (http://opp.resala.ae/) directly will redirect you to jotform's form builder.
- proworksrsAnswered on October 03, 2015 at 08:48 AMThank you very much it is working for me now,
- BorisAnswered on October 04, 2015 at 12:39 AM
On behalf of my colleague, Sammy, you are most welcome. We are happy to hear that its working for you. :)
If you need any other assistance, please let us know, and we will be happy to help.